Sunday, October 17, 2010

help me find my Hockey team

As a teen during the early 90's I discovered Hockey, well, at least from a minor league perspective.
My close friend Skip and I would often head on out to the Greensboro Coliseum to watch Greensboro's ECHL team the Monarchs.
That was a wonderful time for me, getting to know quite a few players on a personal level and getting a chance to see each one rise through the ranks of hockey while others eventually gave up the game and became business men, teachers, coaches and fathers.
Jeff Brubaker and his teams made the playoffs from 1989 until 1995, each year of it's short existence. When I graduated from high school in 1994, I went away to College, First to Western Carolina and then to Gardner-webb leaving the Monarchs behind.
They eventually lost they're lease of the Coliseum in 1996 to the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes who needed a home for a season before moving in to they're new building in Raleigh.
I didn't think much about Hockey in college but I decided to find an NHL team to pull for at the start of the 2004 season.
Whoops, turned out to be no season that year as a lockout really hurt the NHL and I have watched Hockey off and own for a few years but nothing consistently.
The reason for this post is, I'd love you to help me find an NHL Hockey team.
We have satellite radio so all teams are covered.
Give me the reasons why you like you're team and I will choose the best of them by next Sunday.
Who ever gives me the most convincing reasons for his or her team will get me to follow said team for the rest of the year and who knows, maybe I will find a hockey home.
Please submit reasons on the comments for this post or to me on twitter
http://twitter.com/ryanrain

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I guess noone likes Hockey, easy decision, lol.